In the Federal Public Service have a look at the numbers from the
Sixteenth Annual Report to the Prime Minister on the Public Service of Canada
Public Service Diversity
Since 1998 - 10 years ago - women have been the majority population in the Federal Government.
The gender feminists won't be happy with this though, (are they ever) because they will whine about the top jobs being controlled by men. Affirmative action has been in place since the 70's and they have no one to blame but themselves if they can't get the top jobs on merit.
(March 31, 2008)
- 263,000 employees (251,000 in 1983)
- 54.9% women (42% in 1983)
- 41.2% of executives are women (less than 5% in 1983)
- 60.1% of employees in the regions and 39.9% in the National Capital Region
- 85.5% indeterminate employees; 9.5% term employees; 5% casuals and students
- 70.6% declare English their first official language; 29.4% declare French
- Average age 44 years (39 in 1983)
- Average age of executives 50.4 years (48.7 in 1983)
- Public service represents 0.8% of the Canadian population (1% in 1983)